France And Chicago Collaborating in The Sciences (FACCTS)* is designed to enhance science at the University of Chicago by encouraging closer relations between researchers in the Physical Sciences Division (PSD), The Biological Sciences Division (BSD), and the Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME) and high-level research teams and institutions of higher education in France. The FACCTS program accomplishes this goal by providing seed funding for new and potentially fruitful project-based collaborations. Through a partnership with Argonne National Laboratory and Fermilab, researchers at these two national laboratories are also eligible for FACCTS support, and are encouraged to apply.
Deadlines and Key Dates (2019 Funding Cycle)
- September 17, 2019: FACCTS application becomes live
- October 15, 2019 (at 11:59 pm CST): Deadline for Argonne-based researchers to submit (1-page) preproposal
- November 1, 2019: Responses sent to all Argonne-based researchers who submitted pre-proposals. (Up to five Argonne-based researchers will be invited to submit a full application.)
- December 20, 2019 (at 11:59 pm CST): Deadline for FACCTS proposals from UChicago, Fermilab, and Argonne National Laboratory applicants
- April 3, 2020: Notification given to all applicants
- May, 2020: Funds become available to award recipients
*This program is administered by the France Chicago Center (FCC), and is made possible with the generous financial support of the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and inovation; the Office of the Provost and the Office of the Vice Provost for Research; The Division of Biological Sciences; the Division of the Physical Sciences; The Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering; the Office of Science and Technology at the Embassy of France in the United States; Argonne National Laboratory; Fermilab Accelerator National Laboratory; and FCC's Support Council in the Sciences (Confrères).