France And Chicago Collaborating in The Sciences (FACCTS)* is a program designed to enhance science at the University of Chicago by encouraging closer relations between researchers in the Physical Sciences Division (PSD), The Biological Sciences Division (BSD), and the Insitute for Molecular Engineering (IME) and high-level research teams and institutions of higher education in France. The FACCTS program seeks to accomplish this goal by providing seed funding for new and potentially fruitful project-based collaborations. Through a partnership with Argonne National Laboratory and Fermilab, researchers at these two national laboratories are also eligible for FACCTS support, and are encouraged to apply.
Deadlines and Key Dates (2018 Funding Cycle)
- October 2, 2017: FACCTS application becomes live
- October 16, 2017 (at 11:59 pm CST): Deadline for Argonne-based researchers to submit (1-page) preproposal
- November 1, 2017: Responses sent to all Argonne-based researchers who submitted pre-proposals. (Up to five Argonne-based researchers will be invited to submit a full application.)
- December 4, 2017 (at 11:59 pm CST): Deadline for FACCTS proposals from UChicago, Fermilab, and Argonne National Laboratory applicants
- February 15, 2018: Notification given to all applicants
- February 28, 2018: Funds become available to award recipients
*This program is administered by the France Chicago Center (FCC), and is made possible with the generous financial support of the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the Office of the Provost and the Office of the Vice President for Research, The Division of Biological Sciences, the Division of the Pysical Sciences, The Institute for Molecular Engineering, the Office of Science and Technology at the Embassy of France in the United States, Argonne National Laboratory, Fermilab, and the FCC Support Council in the Sciences (Confrères).